1 cup Desiccate coconut
1 cup Khoa/Mava
Sproos’ Walnut Date
1 tbsp Ghee
A pinch of Cardamom
A pinch of Nutmeg
Milk, according to consistency
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Serves: Makes 15-16 small size Laddus
- Heat ghee in a pan and add a cup of desiccated coconut, cook until it turns a little brown, you should get a toasty flavour in approximately 5-7 minutes.
- To this add an equal amount of Khoa/Mava, a pinch of cardamom, nutmeg and date powder according to your liking of sweetness. Cook this for 3-4 minutes and add milk if required, the consistency should be such that it easily binds together.
- Once the whole mixture has come together, add 2 big spoons of Sproos’ Walnut Date and mix well.
- Transfer this mixture to a plate greased with a little ghee or oil and allow the mixture to cool.
- Take a little oil on your hands and roll these into laddus and roll these into desiccated coconut.